Mike Myers Stadium, located in Austin, Texas, is a premier sports facility that has hosted countless high-profile events over the years. The stadium, named after former UT Austin football coach Mike Myers, is a state-of-the-art venue that attracts athletes and sports enthusiasts from all over the world. With a seating capacity of over 20,000, the stadium is one of the largest in the state and has been the site of numerous championship games, including the UIL State Track and Field Meet.
A Brief History
Mike Myers Stadium is a renowned athletics facility located in Austin, Texas. Named after Mike Myers, a prominent Texas Longhorns track and field coach, the stadium has a rich history dating back to 1999, when it was originally built. Over the years, the stadium has hosted numerous high school, collegiate, and professional sporting events, including the annual Texas Relays, which attracts top athletes from around the world. With a capacity of 20,000, the stadium is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, including a 400-meter track, a soccer field, and a throwing area. Today, Mike Myers Stadium remains a beloved landmark in the Austin community and a testament to the city’s love and passion for sports.
How to Get to Mike Myers Stadium
Mike Myers Stadium is the office of a famous game situated in Austin, Texas. Named after Mike Myers, a conspicuous Texas Longhorns Olympic-style events mentor, the stadium has a rich history tracing all the way back to 1999 when it was initially fabricated. Throughout the long term, the stadium has facilitated various secondary school, university, and expert games, including the yearly Texas Transfers, which draws in top competitors from around the world. With a limit of 20,000, the stadium is furnished with best-in-class offices, including a 400-meter track, a soccer field, and a tossing region. Today, Mike Myers Stadium stays a cherished milestone in the Austin people group and a demonstration of the city’s affection and energy for sports.
Mike Myers Stadium, located in Austin, TX, is a popular venue for sports events and concerts. The stadium boasts a range of amenities that enhance the experience for guests, making it a top choice for events of all types.
- State-of-the-art track and field facilities.
- Comfortable seating with ample legroom.
- Concession stands offer a variety of food and drinks.
- Multiple restrooms located throughout the stadium.
- Ample parking and easy access to the stadium entrances.
- High-quality sound system for event announcements and music playback.
- State-of-the-art video scoreboard.
- Fully equipped locker rooms for athletes and coaches.
- Video screens installed at strategic locations for a clear view of the game from any seat.
- Premium seating options with comfortable chairs and additional amenities for VIPs.
Mike Myers Stadium offers a variety of nearby attractions that visitors can enjoy during their stay. Whether you’re a sports fan, nature enthusiast, or culture connoisseur, there is something for everyone to discover and explore in this vibrant city.
- The Texas State Capitol Building- Located just 2 miles from Mike Myers Stadium, the Capitol building is a must-see attraction for visitors to Austin.
- Lady Bird Lake- Take a relaxing walk or bike ride along the trail surrounding this scenic lake, located just a mile away from the stadium.
- The Blanton Museum of Art- Just 3 miles from the stadium, the Blanton Museum houses a vast collection of art and artifacts from around the world.
- The LBJ Presidential Library- Learn about the life and legacy of President Lyndon B. Johnson at this library and museum located just 5 miles from the stadium.
- Zilker Park- This 350-acre park is located just 2 miles from Mike Myers Stadium and offers a wide range of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, and swimming.
- Barton Springs Pool- an iconic swimming spot in the heart of Austin with crystal clear water and lush greenery.
- 5. South Congress Avenue– a vibrant shopping and dining district with unique boutiques, food trucks, and live music.
Mike Myers Stadium is a well-known and highly-regarded sports facility located in Austin, Texas, that hosts a variety of exciting events throughout the year. From high school track meets to international sporting events, there is always something happening at Mike Myers Stadium that will appeal to sports enthusiasts of all ages.
- April 10th– The 2021 Texas Invitational Track and Field.
- April 17th– UT Longhorn Invitational will be held at the stadium.
- May 1st– Austin High School Track and Field Meet
- May 8th – UIL Regional Track and Field Championship
- May 15th– Austin Speedsters Track Club Meet
- May 22nd– Texas State Track and Field Championship
- May 29th – May 30th: The UIL Track & Field State Championships.
- June 5th– USATF Region 12 Junior Olympic Track and Field Championship
- June 12th – Texas Amateur Athletic Federation Region 4 Track and Field Meet
- June 19th – Texas Amateur Athletic Federation Region 15 Track and Field Meet
- July 3rd – Stars and Stripes Track and Field Meet
- July 10th – AAU Region 18 Track and Field Qualifier
Important Information About Mike Myers Stadium
- Address: 707 Clyde Littlefield Dr, Austin, TX 78712, United States
- Phone: +15124713434
- Website: texassports.com
- Working Hours: Not Available